Welcome to Victorine Music, a service provided by Victorine Music Limited (“Victorine Music”, “we” “our”, “us”).
- Respect to your data and your privacy
- The information about you
- How we use your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- Cookies and similar technology
- Your choices with respect to your personal information
- How to contact us regarding privacy issues
Respect to your data and your privacy
- Our Principles
We have a pretty simple approach to data protection and privacy, which can be summarised as follows:
We’ve designed the Website to give you control over the information you publish and share using Victorine Music and other sites and services to which you connect your Victorine Music account. Please take full advantage of these tools and make sure you only share what you want to share.
Information we collect about you
We collect personal information about you from various sources:
Information provided by you
You don’t need to provide us with any personal information in order to visit the Website. However, certain Services do require that you register for a Victorine Music account and, by doing so, you will provide us with certain personal information:
- Essential Information: When you register any kind of Victorine Music account, you will need to provide your email address, your month and year of birth, and choose a password. In addition, if you register a premium account, you will also need to provide your real name, address and payment verification information.
- Profile Information: You may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile on Victorine Music – for example:
- your real name
- a user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym)
- the city and country in which you live
- a profile picture or avatar
- information about how you categorise yourself with respect to your content (for example, whether you are a musician, a label or some other category of creator)
- details of your other websites and social media profiles, including links to those websites and profiles
None of this profile information is mandatory, and any information you do provide may be deleted, edited, changed or amended by you at any time. For more information, see the Choice and Control section below.
- Information from Correspondence: You will provide certain personal information if you contact us by email, use any of the web forms on the Website, or contact us by mail, fax or other offline means.
- Survey Information: If you participate in any survey, you will provide certain personal information as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information that you post: You may provide personal information when you upload sounds to the Platform, or when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information we collect automatically
There is certain information that we collect automatically as the result of your use of the Platform, or through the use of web analytics services as described in our Cookies Policy. This information includes:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the device from which you access the Platform (this can sometimes be used to derive the country or city from which you are accessing the Platform)
- the site that you visited immediately prior to visiting the Website
- the specific actions that you take on the Platform, including the pages that you visit, streaming or downloading sounds, uploading or recording sounds, sharing a track with another user, following or unfollowing another user, joining or leaving a group, posting a comment, or performing a search
- any search terms that you may enter on the Website
- the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform
- your browser type and operating system
- the nature of the device from which you are accessing the Platform, for example, whether you are accessing the Platform from a personal computer or from a mobile device
- information collected through cookies and similar technology, as described in our Cookies Policy
- information regarding your interaction with email messages, for example, whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message
- Your email address and password are used to identify you when you log into the Platform.
- We use your month and year of birth to enable age restriction, to display appropriate content to you, and to perform analytics aimed at improving our products, services and technologies.
- Any additional information that you provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using our API or other Services. Please bear this in mind when considering whether to provide any additional information about yourself.
- If you subscribe to a premium account, your name, address and payment verification information will be used to process your account subscription and to collect your payment. All payment verification information is transmitted using industry-standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption. Victorine Music also complies with the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
- Your email address will be used to send you service updates and notifications regarding your account, and (if you have elected to receive them using your account preferences) newsletters, marketing messages and certain email notifications. For information about how to change your preferences, and to unsubscribe from newsletters, marketing messages and email notifications please see the Choice and Control section, below.
Your personal information is also used for the following general purposes:
- To operate and maintain your Victorine Music account, and to provide you with access to the Website and use of the Apps and any Services that you may request from time to time.
- To identify you as the creator of the sounds that you upload, the comments that you post and/or the other contributions that you make to the Platform.
- To seek your participation in surveys, and to conduct and analyse the results of those surveys if you choose to participate.
- To provide you with technical support
- To provide other users with data regarding people streaming and downloading their sounds.
- To analyse the use of the Platform, and the people visiting the Website and using the Apps and Services, in order to improve Victorine Music.
- To respond to you about any comment or enquiry you have submitted.
- To customize your use of the Platform and/or the content of any email newsletter or other material that we may send to you from time to time.
- For other purposes, provided we disclose this to you at the relevant time, and provided that you agree to the proposed use of your personal information.
Sharing of your personal information
- Other Users: Any personal information in your public profile (other than your email address) will be accessible by other users of the Platform, who may view your profile information, listen to and comment on any of your public sounds, add themselves to your list of followers, and send you messages. If you listen to any sounds uploaded by a premium user, the fact that you have listened to those sounds will be shared with that premium user, so that they can track the popularity of their sounds. Similarly, if you comment on any sounds on the Platform, your comments will be available to all users of the Platform.
- With your consent: We will disclose your personal information if you have explicitly agreed that we may do so. We will make this clear to you at the point at which we collect your information.
- Service Providers: We use certain reputable third parties, some of whom may be located outside of the European Economic Area, to provide us with certain specialized services related to the Platform. These third parties will have access to certain information about you, but only where this is necessary in order for those third parties to provide their services to us. Where we transfer personal information to these third parties, we ask and require these third parties to implement appropriate organisational and technical security measures to protect against unauthorised disclosure of personal information, and only to process personal information in accordance with our instructions and to the extent necessary to provide their services to us.
- Users of our API: Victorine Music has an open API, which enables application developers to integrate elements of the Platform into exciting new apps. Some of these developers may be located outside of the European Economic Area. Any personal information that you choose to make public on the Platform, including your public profile information and any public sounds, may be accessible to these developers. Please bear this in mind when deciding what information to publish on your profile. For information on how to limit the information that is available over the API, please see the Choice and Control section below.
- As aggregated data: We may aggregate your personal data with similar data relating to other users of the Platform in order to create statistical information regarding the Platform and its use, which we may then share with third parties or make publicly available. However, none of this information would include any email address or other contact information, or anything that could be used to identify you individually, either online or in real life.
- If required by law: We will disclose your personal information if we believe in good faith that we are permitted or required to do so by law, including in response to a court order, subpoena or other legal demand or request.
- To protect our interests: We may disclose your personal information if we feel this is necessary in order to protect or defend our legitimate rights and interests, or those of our users, employees, directors or shareholders, and/or to ensure the safety and security of the Platform and/or the Victorine Music community.
- In the context of a business transfer: We may transfer your personal information to any person or company that acquires all or substantially all of the assets or business of Victorine Music, or on a merger of our business, or in the event of our insolvency.
Cookies and similar technology
Choice and Control
We do our best to give you as much choice as possible regarding the amount of personal information you provide to us, and the control you have over that information.
It is not necessary for you to provide us with any information in order to visit the Website, although certain information will be collected automatically by virtue of your visit (as described above). However, if you do decide to register a Victorine Music account, you can control your personal information in the following ways.
Check out the Email tab within your Settings page on the Website. When you are logged in to your account, you can access your Settings by clicking on your profile picture at the top of the screen, and selecting Settings from the drop down menu.
From the Email tab you can tell us:
- which email notifications (if any) you would like to receive from us; and
- any additional or alternative email addresses that you may wish us to use to communicate with you.
You can also turn off email notifications from the Account page within your Settings. This will immediately disable all email notifications, other than essential account notifications such as important service updates, reports of copyright infringement and other essential information relating to your account and your use of the Platform.
It is also possible to unsubscribe from email newsletters and notifications (other than essential account notifications) at any time by clicking on the link at the end of each email.
Sharing with other apps and networks
The Connections tab within your Settings on the Website enables you to control the information you share with other networks and applications. As well as selecting those of your social networks you wish to share to, you can also control access to other services and applications to which you have connected your Victorine Music account.
Sharing with other users
Victorine Music is a very social place, but if you would prefer to browse the Website anonymously, you can do so by checking the Anonymous Listening box in the Account tab within your Settings on the Website. By checking this box, other users will not be able to see the sounds that you listened to, but we will still have access to this information.
If any of your sounds contain any personal information, you can control who has access to these sounds using the settings in the sound page (click on the pencil icon in the waveform player for the relevant sounds). By setting your sounds to “private”, rather than “public”, you can limit who has access to your sounds.
Sharing with app developers
Victorine Music has an open API, which allows third party developers to build some really cool apps as an extension of the Platform. If you would prefer that your sounds are not made available to third party app developers, you can disable API access within the sound page for each of the sounds that you upload. Click on the pencil icon in the waveform player, and uncheck the “Apps enabled” box at the bottom of the page. Please note that your public profile information will still be accessible, but this does not include anything that this not publicly available on the Website.
Information on how to block or disable cookies is included in our Cookies Policy. Further information is available at http://aboutcookies.org
You can use the settings within our iOS device or within the Android app to opt-out of analytics tracking and bug reporting. For the opt-out, if you are using our iOS app, go to the settings of your iOS device and open the Victorine Music tab. With an Android device you need to open the Victorine Music app and open the basic settings tab within. From there you can simply disable analytics and/or bug reporting to stop any analytics data or bug reporting information being sent from the app. Further information is available in our Cookies Policy.
Deleting your account
You can delete your account from the Account page within your Settings on the Website at any time. Please bear in mind that, if you delete your account, all data associated with your account, including the sounds that you have uploaded and the usage data associated with those sounds, will be deleted and may not be recoverable. You are therefore advised to copy or back up all content uploaded to your account before you delete your account.
Even if you delete your Victorine Music account, it is possible that your information may still show up in some internet search results for a short while afterwards, if the search engine maintains a temporary cache of web pages. Search engines' caching processes are outside of Victorine Music’s control and therefore we cannot be responsible for any information that remains cached by search engines after that information has been removed from the Platform.
Access to your Data
As described above, most of the personal information you provide to us can be accessed and updated in the Settings page of your Victorine Music account. If you wish to access, amend or delete any other personal information we hold about you, or if you have any objection to the processing of any information that we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the address provided below.
If you ask us to delete your account (either via the Settings page or by email), we will do so within a reasonable period of time, but we may need to retain some of your personal information in order to satisfy our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate reason for doing so.
International data transfers
Victorine Music is not intended for use by children. Anyone under the age of 13 is not permitted to use the Platform and must not attempt to register an account or submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from any person who is under the age of 13 or allow them to register an account. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that we may have collected any such data, please notify us immediately at email@example.com.
Don’t want to give us your information?
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. These text files can be read by these websites and help to identify you when you return to a website. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer when you have gone offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to block and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/.
Victorine Music Cookies
We use our own cookies to recognise you when you visit our website or use our apps. This means that you don’t have to log in each time you visit, and we can remember your preferences and settings.
Those cookies with one- or two-letter names (such as “a”, “c” or “qc”) are Victorine Music cookies.
Third Party Cookies
Google Analytics and Google Website Optimizer
Google cookies are those beginning “__ut”.
To opt out of this analysis by Google, please see the Opting Out section below.
Google AdWords and Google Remarketing
We use the online advertising program Google AdWords and the Google Remarketing technology, both operated by the company Google Inc. ("Google") .
For measuring conversion with Google AdWords, a conversion tracking cookie is placed when a user clicks on a Victorine Music advertisement delivered by Google (“Ads”). Conversion tracking cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. Google uses a different cookie for each Google AdWords customer and there is no consolidation of the cookie data with other data. If you click on one of our Ads and proceed to a page equipped with a conversion tag and the cookie has not yet expired, the conversion is documented. With the help of the conversion tracking cookie we see the total number of conversions and are able to review the performance of our Ads. You can find more information about Google AdWords here.
When you click on one of our Ads, a Google Remarketing cookie is placed. This cookie helps to serve our Ads to you at a later time when you browse pages of the Google content network. Remarketing cookies expire after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. For more information on Google Remarketing, please see here.
Google cookies are those beginning “__ut”.
To opt out of personalized ad serving by Google, please see the Opting Out section below.
Quantcast cookies are those beginning “__qca”.
To opt out of this analysis by Quantcast, please see the Opting Out section below.
ATInternet cookies are those beginning “__xt”.
To opt out of this analysis by ATInternet, please see the Opting Out section below.
ScorecardResearch is a service provided by comScore, Inc ("comScore"). comScore uses a combination of cookies and web beacons to count when user visit our website, our mobile site and any Victorine Music players embedded on third party sites. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the Website (including your IP address) is transmitted to and stored by comScore on servers in the United States. Please note that comScore only stores your obfuscated IP address. This is sufficient to identify (approximately) the country from which you are visiting our sites or accessing our players, but is not sufficient to identify you, or your computer or mobile device, individually.
Scorecard Research cookies are those that begin with UID and UIDR.
In addition to cookies, we also use the following standard Internet technologies in connection with your use of the Platform:
- Clear GIFs: We use “clear GIFs”, sometimes known as “web bugs”, which are small image files that we embed into our email newsletters. These clear GIFs tell us whether you opened the newsletter, clicked on any of the content or forwarded the newsletter to someone else. This provides us with useful information regarding the effectiveness of our email newsletters, which we can use to ensure that we are delivering information that is relevant to our users.
- Flash cookies: We use Flash cookies to synchronise information between multiple Victorine Music players. This ensures that one player is stopped when another player starts. We do not use Flash cookies for the purposes of collecting any personal data, and do not use Flash cookies to respawn any cookies that you might previously have deleted.
- HTML5 Local Storage: We use HTML5 local storage to store your default listening volume (i.e. the volume at which you prefer to hear sounds on Victorine Music) and, in the case of premium users, to set the widget control colour. If you access the mobile version of our website, we use HTML5 local storage to store certain cookie data, including your user plan, authentication data, your username and your display preferences. We further use HTML5 local storage to store the track IDs of the last 250 tracks you have listened to. This information helps us to suggest content that you might enjoy when you sign up for a Victorine Music account. Depending on your browser you can remove local storage when clearing your cache and cookies. We do not use HTML5 local storage to collect any personal data.
We think it’s important that you are able to control the collection of personal data relating to your use of Victorine Music, and have therefore made sure that you can opt out of any personal data collection using cookies or other technologies as set out below. (Please note that you cannot opt out of our use of Flash cookies or HTML5 local storage as these are necessary for the technical operation of the platform. However, we do not use these technologies to collect any personal data.)
You can use the settings within your browser to control the cookies that are set on your computer or mobile device. However, please be aware that cookies are important to many aspects for the Platform – if you set your browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to enjoy all of the features of the Platform. To find out how to see what cookies have been set and how to reject and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
- To opt-out of analysis by Google Analytics on our website and other websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- To opt-out of personalized ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager.
- To opt-out of analysis by Quantcast on our website and other websites, please visit http://www.quantcast.com/opt-out.
- To opt-out of analysis by ATInternet on our website and mobile apps, please visit http://www.xiti.com/en/optout.aspx. You can also disable analytics for mobile apps from the settings screen on your mobile device.
- To opt-out of tracking by Scorecard Research on our website and other websites, please visit http://scorecardresearch.com/optouttag.aspx.
Clear GIFs are included in our email newsletters. You can unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time by following the link in the newsletter itself, or by changing your email preferences within your Settings in your Victorine Music account.
Activity Tracking and Bug Reporting:
You can use the settings within our iOS device or within the Android app to opt-out of analytics tracking and bug reporting. For the opt-out, if you are using our iOS app, go to the settings of your iOS device and open the Victorine Music tab. With an Android device you need to open the Victorine Music app and open the basic settings tab within. From there you can simply disable analytics and/or bug reporting to stop any analytics data or bug reporting information being sent from the app.
Consent to Cookies and Similar Technologies